Analysing and explaining the source code
in web pages
What you will do
You will analyse and annotate the source code for some webpages on a particular site.
What you will produce
I need a report from you into three different webpages that use two different web technologies.
- You need to produce a detailed annotated site map of the parts of the website you are analysing.
- You need to explain what the webpages are for and who they are aimed at.
- You will include a print off of the browser view of the three webpages.
- You will include a print copy the sourcecode for the webpages and the stylesheet.
- You will explain by annotating the sourcecode. What does what within the webpages.
- You need to identify at least two dynamic web technologies and explain what the code in these pages does and what it does for the website. Try and make links between what happens on the screen at what you see in the browser.
You might want to analyse the following pages
the main page for this unit)
Easy this one
http://www.princehouse.co.uk/schoolstuff/unit%207%20hgs/feedback.htm (This is the feedback form for unit 7)
This is a bit harder
http://www.princehouse.co.uk/you%20remind%20me%20of%20him/you%20remind%20me.htm (my you remind me page)
This one is quite complex even if I say so myself
And this is the style sheet that makes it all look pretty.
this is how this page looks without the style sheet