Welcome to the OCR nationals Level 3 Microsite for web hosting
This A0 is in two parts a user manual and evidence of maintaining your site
Produce a maintenance guide for users:
Write a user manual for your site include:
- site map
- editing a page
- use of ALT tags
- page titles
- file/folder naming conventions
Undertake quality assurance:
Write up the following points in a report called " Checking the quality of my website"
- spelling and grammar checks - show evidence of spell cecking in dream weaver and any changes you make
- links - evidence of testing all your hyperlinks you should have this evidence from testing in unit 20.
- images- show re-saving your images as .gif or .jpg to improve loading times online.
- consistent styles. - Show you have used a style sheet that applies to all the pages and explain that this gives consitant styling on all the pages.
- cross browser testing- show screenshots of your webpages loaded in at least two additional browsers in addition to internet explorer 8.
- accessibility- show evidence of the accesibility features you have included in your website
- validation. Use the W3C validation checker to check your code meets internationally agreed standards.